Remote Patient Monitoring
Remote patient monitoring is a relatively new offering and has increased in momentum as providers look for new ways to serve their patients in an aging population. The updated CPT codes and CMS fee schedule for 2020 has a positive impact in overall revenues while helping drive better patient outcomes.
Remote Patient Monitoring Reimbursement
Beginning in 2019, remote patient monitoring has taken effect.
The following new codes are effective as on January 1, 2020:
- CPT Code 99453: Remote monitoring of physiologic parameter(s) (e.g., weight, blood pressure, pulse oximetry, respiratory flow rate), initial set-up; and patient education on use of equipment.
- CPT Code 99454: Remote monitoring … device(s) supply with daily recording(s) or programmed alert(s) transmission, each 30 days.
- CPT Code 99457: Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, 20 minutes or more of clinical staff/physician/other qualified healthcare professional time in a calendar month requiring interactive communication with the patient/caregiver during the month.
- CPT Code 99458: Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, additional 20 minutes or more of clinical staff/physician/other qualified healthcare professional time in a calendar month requiring interactive communication with the patient/caregiver during the month.
Under the new codes, Medicare pays for the initial setup, the device and the continuing management of remote monitoring programs in accordance with adherence to reimbursement requirements.
When it comes to Remote Patient Monitoring, we can do it all for you and you can get started in 3 simple steps -
Sign UpWe'll recruit and onboard your patients onto our platform
Monitor Our staff will communicate, and monitor your patient's physiological parameters using supplied devices
Get PaidWe will help your biller to bill for the remote patient monitoring services.
If you would like to do it all by yourself, you can easily get started in 3 simple steps -
Sign UpRecruit and onboard your patients onto our platform
MonitorCommunicate and monitor your patient's physiological parameters using supplied devices
Get PaidBill for the remote patient monitoring services.
Under the new codes, not only Medicare, but other private payors pay for the initial setup, and continual management of remote patient monitoring programs in accordance with the stated reimbursement requirements.
|Remote patient monitoring
||100 pt. monthly
* Not counting initiation of service reimbursements
About Our RPM Devices
Telehealer builds technology to improve your patients’ outcomes and experience. The Remote Patient Monitoring feature allows patients to use their own devices and manually capture their vitals or a set of bluetooth enabled devices that automatically capture the patient’s physiological parameters and transmit the data to you or your staff.
The following parameters are captured:
- Blood Pressure
- Body Temperature
- Blood Glucose
- Pulse Oximeter
Embrace the Future of Concierge Medicine and Telehealer
CMS’ digital transformation came just in time for overwhelmed home care agencies and hospitals trying to reduce the number of patients in the emergency rooms. Now, you can stay connected, you can involve your clinical staff more, and you can be paid or reimbursed for using new technology, like Telehealer, to solve old issues and keep your patients healthier at home.